 |
| All prepped for surgery |
 |
| All prepped for surgery |
On Friday, July 22nd, Dusty and I went into surgery and came out completely changed and ready for our new life. Above are some pictures of us in prep just waiting to go into surgery. I went into surgery first and then Dusty followed behind me. All went well with surgery and then we were taken into recovery. That was the worst part for me. I had a awful, mean nurse who treated me like crap the whole time, but I survived it and we made it home. For the first day we both pretty much just slept through it. On Saturday we were more awake, but still rested alot. In between naps we would get up and walk around. I was scared we were going to have a path in the carpet by the time we were done LOL! On Sunday we got up early. We relaxed most of the day, but because Dusty and I were both planning to go back to work on Monday, we tried to get up and do a few things around the house. My mom kept Lilli Claire for us all weekend which was great because it gave us time to recover without having to chase around a demanding 3 year old. Sleeping has been one of the hardest parts for both of us. It's hard to get comfortable at night with 4 incisions on your stomach. The gas has been the worst part however. Apparently, when you go into this surgery they blow you up like a balloon. Unfortunately, that gas is all stuck in your chest and we are still struggling with it. Gas-X has become our new best friend LOL!
Dusty and I both went back to work on Monday. Dusty worked about 1/2 a day and I worked a full day. It was hard and I struggled, but I made it. Work is really busy right now for me, so leaving early was just not an option. We both went to work today and we both made it through another full day. After work I went to Wal-Mart and bought every kind of "cream of ________" soups they had. I didn't even know they had so many different kinds. We are on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. We can have things like broth, creamy soups that are majorly thinned out, sugar free popsicles, milk, slim fast, and most sugar free drinks. Right now we can have 4-6 ozs at a time. We are both eating about 4 ozs at a time right now and suprisingly that is filling.
To date Dusty has lost 32 lbs and I have lost 17 lbs. We are recovering slowly, but making progress everyday. Thank you to all our friends and family that have been praying for us and checking on us daily. We feel completely blessed to have such a wonderful support group behind us through this journey. Please continue to pray for us as we recover and try to get used to our "new normal".
You're just beginning the journey of what will be the most rewarding thing you've ever done for yourself. I'm really happy and am so excited for ya'll! You will be able to do things that you never imagined were possible before and the new outlook you will have about, not only your body, but life as well, is worth every ounce of struggle. If you need any advice let me know!! I'm six years out from surgery and I still learn new things all the time! Can't wait to read more updates!
ReplyDeleteLove-Michelle