Monday, August 1, 2011

Post Op week 1



Above are the latest pictures of us.  These are from Sunday as we were getting ready to head to church.

Last week was our first full week after surgery.  Dusty and I both worked all week and were really glad to see the weekend!  The first week went well except for one little hiccup with me.  On Wednesday I went to the ER because of some breathing difficulties and my blood pressure went up way to high.  Everything turned out to be ok.  I just way overdid and my body rebelled.  After some much needed rest at home the rest of the day, I was well enough to return to work the rest of the week.  Luckily for me my class ended last week (I am currently working on my masters in Special Education) and we had nothing planned for the weekend so I actually got to rest the whole weekend with no schoolwork and no plans.  It was wonderful and much needed!  We are both feeling good now.  We are finally rid of all the gas pains and that has been a huge blessing.  As of Sunday Dusty had lost 36 lbs and I have lost 21 lbs.  We can both already tell a difference in our clothes.  It is amazing how just fitting back into things you haven't been able to wear in a while makes you feel!  Overall things are going great and we are feeling like this was all well worth it.  We are tired of eating soup, but we know that the end of the week we will be able to start eating puddings, yogurts, mashed potatoes, and pureed consistency foods...actual food with taste...LOL!  We are still eating 4oz at a time and surprisingly that is very filling!  We go to the doctor on Thursday for our 2 week post op check-up and hopefully our first "band fill".  Pray for us as we continue to recover and for our appointment on Thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment