Well surgery day is upon us and we are ready! We have survived the 2 week pre-surgery diet (barely!) and we have everything we need for surgery tomorrow. Since beginning this diet on Friday, July 8th, Dusty has lost a total of 23 lbs and I have lost 12.5 lbs. Guys suck how they can loose weight so much quicker than women! Above are pictures of us from today. This is what we look like now and I can't wait to post about a year from now when we are much skinner!! This final week has been hard, but my family has been visiting so that has helped occupy me at night and that has been nice. We did have a scare today from our doctor's office. I received the call today around 11:30 letting me know we need to be at the Surgery Center at 8:00. Then about 30 minutes later I got a call from the program manager and she told me that we might not be having surgery tomorrow because the insurance was not granting our pre-auth for surgery! Of course I freaked out and was so upset at the thought that we have been starving for 2 weeks and then we may not get to have the surgery! Luckily (after lots of freaking out on my part) we got the call that everything was approved and surgery was still on. I cannot tell you what a sigh of relief that was! So we are still on the road to skinniness and the beginning of our new life! I will post again after I have recovered a little from surgery about the whole experience and how we are feeling. Please pray for us during surgery and the recovery process!
No comments:
Post a Comment