| Here are some photos from our night out with friends |
Today, we have not been on that same high note. Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the hardest days for this diet because we are at home all day and it's a struggle not to want to eat. We both weighed this morning...I had gained 2 lbs and Dusty had not lost any :( I was extremely upset! I felt like we did so good and had so much control over ourselves at the restaurant and then that was our reward?! Not a good way to start the day! We both did good for breakfast. Then we got busy cleaning house and doing chores around here that the morning flew by. At lunch we did well again and stuck to our plan. Dinner was the hardest for us. I made Lilli Claire a grilled cheese and boy did it look good! She has not been feeling well today, so she didn't eat one bite of it. Dusty and I stuck to our plan, but the more that grilled cheese sat there the harder it became to resist! We were awful and cheated and each ate a half of a half of a grilled cheese sandwich. Now I know most people are probably thinking...come on 1/4 of a sandwich isn't going to hurt anything...but the thing that makes me the maddest is that we let it overcome us and we cheated. I think alot of this diet is to teach you that self-discipline that is needed to maintain the weight loss for the rest of our lives. I guess this is why I was upset with myself, it felt like I had failed at that and let my mind win.
We only have one week left...surgery is Friday! Please pray for us! We are beginning to struggle more and more and are so desperate to get a normal life back. I know one day I will be able to eat again, it will just be in a new way. Dusty and I both are excited about our new future and we know this will all be worth it in the end!
I am so proud of you guys and all the hard work that you are putting in. Don't give up now! You guys are so close! A few years ago, my husband and I decided to go on the South Beach Diet. I needed to lose 40 lbs. and he needed to lose 10 lbs. It was so hard!! I remember crying at the dinner table because I couldn't have the small pack of mini M&M's that one of my students gave me in class. That was my lowest point. When I got to my ideal weight, I was so happy that I did not have that pack of M&M's! :) It was so worth it!! I am thinking of you and Dusty and praying for you both!
ReplyDelete